EMMANUEL I. ALIFIERAKIS
SPECIALIZED IN PARIS
F. RESEARCHER OF RESEARCH CENTER CLAUDE BERNARD
Instructions for healthy nutrition (Cretan Diet)
1) Eat plenty of herbal and natural form foods, fruits, vegetables, salads, spinach, etc. Avoid vegetables prepared in butter or creamy sauces.
2) Eat wholegrain bread with plenty of fiber and whole grain pasta. Avoid sweets, white bread, biscuits, bread sticks and generally their refined carbohydrates.
3) Eat as much as you less saturated fats. Prefer chicken, lean red meat, dairy poor in fat cheese in moderation. Avoid bacon, sausage, manufactured or fatty meats, full-fat dairy products and ice cream.
4) Eat often fresh fatty fish, such as salmon, sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel, mackerel etc.
5) Eat frequently nuts especially walnuts and almonds.
Avoid roasted nuts.
6) Used olive oil. Avoid corn oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil, as hydrogenated vegetable oils.
7) Eat often peas and legumes of all kinds.
8) Drink one to two glasses of wine a day may preferably red wine.
9) Generally avoid fast - food, frozen, crackers and cakes and any prepared with partially hydrogenated oil, food.